Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Digging in on Long Street

Dining and enjoying local cuisine is a bit tricky when you are in your own country. It is just that Cape Town, does not feel like South Africa so trying to eat local meant choosing between fast food or "African Cuisine" or Eastern Cuisine. Eastern in this instance meant sushi, noodles and a prawn curry for me. My friend is the healthy type, always feeling safe with tons of vegetables.  Her meal was more scrumptious and well presented than mine, I must say.

 Thank you to Germaine, for giving me the confidence to finally hold the chopsticks in my funny way and dig in whilst my grip let go of the sushi every now and then.  Its the confidence to use them in public that always got the better of me. And that's the joy of going out with friends as opposed to a formal date, were all things are supposed to be purr-fact!
 My prawn and potato curry turned out to be 5 shrimps and tons of potatoes. Yes I did complain and if it was not for their yummy half price sushi, I would have thrown a "is it because I'm brown" fight with them. Kidding. I only colour block my shoes this season and never my skin tone.




 This scrumptious, oddly called "The Angry Duck" was more mmmmh yummy than grrrrrr. Infact my "prawn curry was more grrrrr" lol.
And I packed my sushi tools in order. A successful non messy sushi-night out!

Long Street, Cape Town, never disappoints and like I wrote on http://www.mankwalidestinations.wordpress.com/ I could easily own that street. Offered to be Madam President anywhere in the world, I would simply choose Long Street, thank you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment